Sunday, September 19, 2010

She's my Zadeelah Boo

Here's our girl! Leelah Bean, Zadeelah Boo, Blossom Bean, Sassy Pants...


I am dusting off the cobwebs on this blog to update folks on life in Leelah Land. It's exciting over here.

At the moment, Leelah Bean is convinced that there might be a Freddy Kreuger lurking in the window. She trots over, very concerned, and then trots back to me and beds down for a minute or two before attempting another lap around the house. I'm sure she is wondering why no one else is worried about this obviously terror inducing reality, but can they help it if she's the only one who sees reflections in the glass?

She has an absurdly short stride so it looks like she's always trotting or strutting. Makes her appear very deliberate and proud.

Right now we are lucky enough to be petsitting two golden retrievers in a beautiful home. And yes, it is possible for five dogs to sleep in one bed (I discovered this last night).

Here are a couple of my fave pics -

totally evil. so convincing!!


and here we have the laziest play session ever. look how tiny she is next to Vaida!


So our life is consumed with house hunting and house sitting and CGC classes and work. We hop in the car at the start of each day and drive around, checking out houses, going to appointments and practicing skills for her upcoming CGC test. It's a good thing we get in her social time by house sitting, since I haven't been able to do anything else lately.

But soon we'll have a little farm to entertain her and Kai and Rowan and the cat that has yet to be adopted. I am researching chicken coops, eager to get some chickens to eat the ticks and give us nice fresh eggs. It's a lot of fun.

Right now I have an offer out on a place. It's small - just 1.5 acres, but it abuts 30 conservation acres and there's a lovely trail that goes to a lake. Very exciting!

Leelah is getting spayed on the 28th... and there are probably other interesting Zaboo updates but I'm drawing a blank. More pics on Flickr if you want to check them out!

She's such a gooooooooood girl.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know just the perfect cat to join your family!!! He's great with dogs!!!!