Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Exorcist in Leelah

I suppose it isn't so much the exorcist in Leelah Bean, as the exorcism that perhaps she may need! Today's playdate was a relentless pursuit of poor Hawthorne peppered with some appropriate play. We also had a visit from a lovely pitbull who's presence scared the bejezeez out of LB. A great day, beautiful weather, and fun times with pups!

Lovely Leslie and the Handome Hawthorne are finally here!


Is that a tick on your leg or are you just happy to see me?


We are all happy to see Mr. Hawthorne! Look how big and beautiful he is walking with his mama!


I'VE BEEN WAITING ALL WEEK FOR SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH!!!


...and now I'm coming after you!


and when I get you...!


(still thinking about what I'm going to do when I get you)


This! I'm going to do this to you!


You can show your teeth to me, but I'm still gonna bite yer face, buster!


Ha ha, now I'm in the pool and Lb is too big of a wuss to get in.


Unless someone just puts her in! OK, well, maybe I'll just chew on yer nose for a wee second.


LB: planning on how to get the stick all for myself.


Notice how gracefully I maneuver the cavalier off of the stick. A tilt of the head. A look. That's all it takes for Sassy Pants.


Yes, it looks as if the border collies have won the stick! but who are we kidding? Leelah Bean then took it from Hawthorne and ran across the yard triumphantly with her prize.


Awww. So good at being cute.


These smushies are really good at being cute! The border collies are trying to kiss up to Truman's mom in hopes she can toss in a good word so he'll be nice to them (too bad they didn't know he's always nice to everyone).


OMG! What is THAT? A dog bigger than Hawthorne! Wowsah! It's TRUMAN! A sweet pit mix that moves so fast the border collies think he's a superhero. Leelah Bean says, a scary sort of superhero.


Oh, I am so brave creeping up from behind...


No! Don't kill me! I promise I'll be good!


What will happen next? Oh! Maybe sometimes dogs OTHER than BC's do interesting and cool things...




Thanks to Leslie, Farmer and Hawthorne for making the drive again this week! We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the reunion!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What fun! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.