Saturday, May 15, 2010

Three Dog Day

Today was an unabashedly free day. Totally off and without responsibility. We celebrated with the sunshine by venturing out onto the decidedly dangerous ROAD WALK!

um, seriously, there should be some dramatic tunes to score this 'cinematic' moment. Hello? Where is the band? damn artists. always late.

Anyway, we gallavanted out out in hopes of seeing some cows. Brown cows. The clean and picturesque New England dairy cows. This meant spending quite a bit of time on a road. with three border collies. What's the worst that could happen?

MONSTER TODDLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He comes flying towards us shrieking DOGGEEZ DOGGEEZ DOGGEEZ!!!!! and his nanny is having a very hard time carrying on her cell phone conversation while trying to attend to this young human monster. So much sympathy I have for her *snort*. HANG UP YOUR PHONE, LADY....

oh well, that conversation couldn't be finished because monster toddler, after doing the trademark dance of a toddler such as he (the signature flailing arms, piercing cries, jagged movement and clumsy approaches)... clearly Simon is waiting for you, little man, in his America's Got Talent show.

And to further prove this point, this beasty child backs up with sticks in hand (yes, I'm looking at the nanny and saying things like "don't throw those sticks, be careful...) What the eff is what I am thinking. Seriously? Seriously?! That toddler aimed and delivered a stick that smacked me directly in the eye. Still on the phone she asks I am ok. I say,

Esta reunión ha terminado. Muchas gracias.

The baby Bean and me are on our way.

Oh there were sewer grates and cars and trucks and all sorts of things to keep LB moderately stressed or delighted. Overall it was a great walk. Beyond the monster toddler was a field of wildflowers. The grass and flowers were high, the wind was high (I'm pretty the nanny was high as well) and it created the most sumptuous experience. As we walked the wind caressed the grass and flowers into such a fluid display that it was like walking through a watercolor painting. So very beautiful. There is nothing I love more than watching the dogs run free and enjoy themselves. Leelah Bean tried SO HARD to keep up and was such a great sport. This is a wonderful time in her life! No cows though, so I guess my expectation of music was reasonably unreasonable.

Tomorrow is a play date! Teaser: a pitbull may be joining us.....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ummm!?!? Photos!!!